Circular Genome Viewer¶
The Circular Genome Viewer provides a circular interactive graphical representation of the alignment of genes and other genomic data.
Accessing the Circular Genome Viewer on the PATRIC Website¶
Clicking the Circular Viewer tab in a Genome View displays the interactive Circular Genome Viewer, shown below.
Circular Genome Viewer
The Circular Genome Viewer provides a circular interactive graphical representation of the alignment of genes and other genomic data. The tracks on the viewer are displayed as concentric rings, from outermost to innermost: Position, Contigs/Chromosomes, CDS-forward, CDS-reverse, Non-CDS Features, GC Content, and GC Skew. Features and functionality of the viewer are described in detail below.
Circular Genome Viewer Features and Functionality¶
Circular Genome Viewer Main Window:¶
Circular Genome Viewer Features
The main window on the right side shows the circular view, which has interactive features triggered by mouseovers and mouse-clicks.
- View the Genome information by mousing over or clicking on a contig
- View the Feature information by mousing over or clicking on a feature
Circular Genome Viewer Tracks
The Available Tracks Panel on left lists all available tracks in the Circular Viewer.
- Show/hide tracks by clicking on the eye icon to the right of the track name.
- Remove tracks by clicking the “X” to the right of the track name.
- Change the color of the track or background by clicking on the small squares to the left of the track name.
- *Add a custom track by selecting feature type, strand and keywords to show genes of interest.
- Add a custom track of your own data by choosing the display option (Tile, Line, Histogram, or Heatmap) and choosing a file containing annotations or gene lists as GFF3 files; or RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, or SNP data as BigWig or BAM files.
- Export an SVG image by clicking the Export SVG Image button.