Tutorial: Protein Family Sorter Service¶
This set of short videos provides a step-by-step demonstration of using the PATRIC Protein Family Sorter to analyze protein families across a set of closely related bacterial genomes.
Using the Protein Family Sorter Service¶
Links to the videos are provided below. They can also be viewed in order in the PATRIC YouTube channel playlist. Relevant references are provided at the bottom of this page.
1. Using Global Search (7:37)¶
2. Creating a genome group (5:01)¶
3. Submitting a Protein Family Sorter Service analysis job (5:44)¶
4. Protein Family Sorter tabular results (7:41)¶
5. Filtering tabular results (8:17)¶
6. Heatmap filtering (5:02)¶
7. Heatmap clustering (4:47)¶
8. Anchoring and downloading heatmap data (6:01)¶
9. Using the Feature Table and Compare Region Viewer (12:40)¶
10. Downloading sequences from Feature Table and viewing in the Genome Browser (9:38)¶
11. BLASTing a genomic region (10:21)¶
Davis, J.J., et al., PATtyFams: Protein Families for the Microbial Genomes in the PATRIC Database. Front Microbiol, 2016. 7: p. 118.
Meyer, F., R. Overbeek, and A. Rodriguez, FIGfams: yet another set of protein families. Nucleic acids research, 2009. 37(20): p. 6643-6654.